Laser Tools for cooling system - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-09-09 Thread Starter
County: Bristol
Wave Laser Tools for cooling system

Hi, does anyone know if the Laser Tools 4231 hose clamp remvoal tool fits alfa hose clamps ? Also, anyone have any experience of using the Laser Tools 4287 vaccum purge kit ?

No, I am not being sponsored by Laser Tools !
Sponsored Links
Clic and ClicR clips are used in all sorts of places on the V6 engine, most obviously in the intake runners but elsewhere too. There are stamped with the name Clic or ClicR. This looks to be a new tool. The jaws look exactly right for opening and closing these clips. I'm assuming they are all over the TS cars too.

It certainly wasn't available a couple of years ago when I was looking for the same thing. and if these had been around at the time, I'd have bought them.

The tool I use is/was available in Halfords for around 13 (and I think was once available by Laser as well but I couldn't find it with a quick look on their site). I reckon this tool will be a better fit on the clip. I can go into the details why if you want but I don't think there's any need!

Oh and well done from me for wanting to do it properly. None of those damaging and ugly "Jubilee" clips in sight or mangled bits of metal on your car I'll bet!

Edit: just found the thing I use - its Laser Tools 3397 here. Looking at the pic of it in use, it's the wrong tool and although it does the job pretty well, it's wrong. I'm going to get the one you've found so thanks.

Last edited by mudhut; 27-09-09 at 10:29.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Not sure the cooling holes are Clic ... they are something like an allen key drive ...

I destroyed mine trying to get them off and used bog standard jubilee clips. get the right size and you don't have too much end left sticking out.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cooling , laser , system , tools