had the flappy paddles fixed a few weeks ago, but while it was in Jamie had a look at the gearbox shifting problems, but couldn't immediately find anything wrong in the time he had. While it was in, I also had the suspension sorted, and a dinged front wheel was spotted, which explains the slight vibration I'd been noticing.
He suggested leaving it with them for a few days, as he suspected it might be the hydraulic actuators.
Over the last couple of weeks, it's gone from not shifting into third, to shifting only from 2nd to 5th, and then having to manually shift down into 3rd. Not ideal.
Dropped it off at AlfaWorkshop yesterday, and today, I got a call to confirm it was the hydraulic actuator that's the problem.
Bum. That's £900 up the swanee then
Still.. once that's done, it should be all but sorted. Fortunately, I have a 156 loaner to tide me over, so I'm not without transport at least.
After that's done, I need to replace the brakepads. I wasn't too impressed with the 147's brakes, and having driven the 156 home last night, I realise they are, frankly, ****.
last thing in the snagging list is to get the air-con fixed, but I'm not too fussed about that at this time of year.