Creaky 147. Help!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 25-09-09 Thread Starter
County: Kent

Member car:

Alfa 147 2002

Creaky 147. Help!!!!

Morning all,

can anyone help. My '52' 147 is creaking when I am driving and braking. Also, a knocking noise when going over bumps. Oh, and also the side lights are still not working even though I have had new lamps put in.

Does anyone know if there is a 'indy' alfa garage around the bexleyheath area. I want someone to give it a good looking over, so I can decide whether to get the car repaired or to sell it on to someone else.

Thanking you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it'll be suspension wear, one of the guys here will probably know if its wishbones or droplinks and give you an idea of the price, I'm sure it's generally a few hundred depending on exactly what parts are worn. I'm quite sure there will be a few indy's around kent, there should be a thread in the regions section of the forums recommending garages.
Knocking can be lower wishbones, or more likely, anti roll bar bushes. Both jobs will be at least a few hundred pounds, but the car will feel much better once done.
County: Wiltshire
If you can hear a creaking noise then it'll be the upper wishbones, but to save money and because you have a knocking too then I'd recommend ARB (the whole thing), ARB drop links, upper and lower wishbones, 230 in parts and a bit more for labour.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , creaky