battery drain - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 21-09-09 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa romeo gt

battery drain

hi guys can you experts help me,i have read the other posts but they dont help, this morning i went to start my 07 gt and the car was dead not used for 2 days this has happened once before approx 3 months ago once jump started everthing ok the car has stood longer than this in the mean time and started first time so this is an intermitent fault also after jump starting this time the fuel gauge has stopped working and the buzzer keeps golng off i have looked in the manual but there doesnt seem to be a seperate fuse or am i missing something. thanks in anticipation.
Sponsored Links
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm

Ive just had the same problem. did you have any joy?I need to look at it in the morning when its light.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 15-03-11 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa romeo gt

the problem has occured only once since and i can't pinpoint it,it only seems to happen when the car has not been started for a couple of days, it must be a car which has to be used every day of which i have no problem , i have just returned from a trip to the uk and it drove superbly, it is the only time that the car see's frost as this has happened twice before in the uk,sorry to not been of any assistance hope you find the fault?
Low I.e. Flat battery voltages can cause problems with the body computers and create all kinds of random faults.

First check should be battery condition.
AO Member
County: Gauteng
Just a little tip... Its not a good idea to jump start these cars as you can accidentally damage the electronics.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

battery , drain