Autoglass coming - any tips? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

147 JTDm

Autoglass coming - any tips?

Hi guys,

Some kids put my rear window through for a bit a bit of a laugh last night, which was nice of them. Big bang, alarm goes off, sounds of running and laughter. Oh well at least someone enjoyed themselves. Nice enough area, car on drive .

Anyway the point is autoglass are booked in to replace the rear window as it was only £60 excess and no ncb effect. I'm not sure I trust them to match the specification correctly and will be gutted if its a different colour to the old one. Any tips? Its for a previously mint 05 plate 147 JTDm.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear this. The little sods need a good thrashing. Make sure the guy that does the job takes care with the interior trim that needs removing, infact remove it yourself. Mine got dropped to the floor by the idiot that replaced the rear screen in my 147 Lusso. Also make sure they get as much glass out of the boot cavity as possible...I spent many hours taking the rear trim and light clusters off to remove bits of broken glass that were rattling about.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

autoglass , coming , tips