Resurrection of an old thread but ne'mind.
I put my GTA intake on today and it was loads easier than expected. The pics tell the story but basically:
1. Up on the ramps. I much prefer ramps for stuff where the wheels don't need to come off as they are quicker and feel more secure.
2. Remove the plastic panel behind the headlamp (taking the time to clean and renovate with boiled linseed oil).
3. Undo the 10mm bolt holding the resonator to the inner wing. You might find that the nut starts to turn, if so you can get at it underneath. Just put a spanner on it and it'll hold it until it falls off the bolt onto the floor.
4. Get underneath and give the resonator a yank away from the filter housing. Mine came off pretty easily then you just twist and turn it until it comes out from under the bumper.
5. Shove the new intake-cum-drainpipe into place in the airbox and secure it with a tie wrap, or many tie wraps if you've lost your long ones.
6. Replace panel behind headlamp.
Last edited by keithyboy; 07-01-11 at 17:15.