Unreal!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-09 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

I have owned my GT jtdm for 3 years and only had minor faults with it over that period. The only semi serious fault was it needed a replacement EGR valve. The dealer made that simple replacement task a real effort and chore as they always do. Despite this my GT has given me plenty of good fun mileage.

I was driving it home from Bournemouth to the midlands yesterday evening when about 20 miles short of Southampton the ECU warning light and a few others came on the dashboard and I was warned of several failiures on the dash screen, also the fuel needle started going up and down irratically. I pulled off the motorway and the car was extremely lumpy and didnt want to drive at all. The AA came out and found it had fault code 0203 registered and said 'injector 3 malfunction'. I had to upgrade my membership and pay 200 to be towed the 120 miles home. Obviously I wasn't best pleased about this but sucked it up as I had no choice.

The worst thing about this all is that when I checked the logbook I realised that my car was registered on 08/09/06. I couldn't believe that my waranty had run out a matter of hours earlier and I was now looking at a costly repair bill.

Is this a common fault that others on here have had? The AA man said the injector sounded like it was still operating. Is this likely to be the ECU at fault or is it actualy the injector? What sort of repair bill am I looking at and is it worth trying to get something out of the dealer with regards to repair and warranty?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
First thing I'd do is speak to your dealer and ask to speak to the service manager and ask if they have any idea what the problem is (may not want to say without seeing it) and ask if they think there is any chance Alfa might contribute towards the repair cost - worth a try.
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

156 V6

a injector malfunction probily would not cost you close to what u payed for the tow home lol

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT