Temperamental Issues with 147 Prima Donna - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa 147

Help Temperamental Issues with 147 Prima Donna

I have traded my 156 sportwagon for a 147 2.0 Lusso. She is fantastic and I love her but she's beginning to get on my nerves a bit with her spoilt brat tantrums and her dummy throwing antics.

My 156 Sportwagon, Celia, was amazing. In 2 and a half years, all I ever had to do was replace the wishbones and buy a new battery. but, after a couple of spins in a Maserati Gran Sport belonging to a friend, I had to trade her in for something with a bit more POW!

So my 53 147 2.00 Lusso Eliza, is now parked in Celia's spot. I look out of my bedroom window all the time and think how lucky I am. When I hit the A1 heading to my caravan in Northumberland, I almost squeal with delight when I push the pedal and get a hot result. But then BEEP!. ABS VDC Failure. Yes I know, new battery maybe, or damp, or even a reshuffle of wires in the steering column. But now, I am getting other BEEP!s for silly things like limited range when I have a full tank, and brake light out when it isn't.

Now, is it possible that all these niggles could be caused by failing battery? I'd like to avoid the cost and inconvenience of a diagnostic if possible, and would welcome any input. this board is the business and has helped me loads already
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Gauteng
I used to get the a beep about a failed rear fog every second bump. So fixed it, now the light doesn't work at all.
I've been getting the ABS / VDC error ever since I gave it the beans to clear the way before a truck flattened me and the wheels spun on some loose dirt on the road. May or may not be related to the now failed engine ECU.

The niggles could be from battery or dirty contacts or ECU's. I'd have the battery tested at a proper battery centre, first and then have poke around at the wiring with some contact cleaner.

Keithy says: "I think you put too much sugar on your cornflakes! "
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 11-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa 147

I have a new niggle now. Immobilizer failure! "CODE". I am seriously beginning to fall out with this car now.

Gonna go get a new battery today, and keep my fingers crossed that all will be well.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , donna , issues , prima , temperamental