2003 156 2.0TS Selespeed - asking for trouble?? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
Originally Posted by cj romeo View Post
A sele will definitely go wrong at some stage, and people who can deal withthem are ew and far between, its not that its all that complicated, its just that they are alien to most spanner monkeys.
Who says............... I've got 65k on mine and it's perfect,same year as the one here.
Sponsored Links
County: North Lanarkshire
Help,want another Selespeed.Old one packed in ,usual,Autopump/Actcuator/Solanoid?

Hi there im a lady driver,love my Selespeed totally ,so much id do anything to keep her,but costs keep rising,a year ago the Automatic went it would allow me to drive in certain gears,which i put up with,as Alfa Garage wanted 4G to fix and local garages just turn me away.She broke down completley in London ,RAC said wot i knew its the Autopump/Actuator/Solonoid plus blew the 30 amp fuse,So to replace would be over 2G.Again not affordable.Now ive spotted a 156 Estate Selespeed veloce,with 79000 on clk,and im heading down to London Tonite to pick it up.My Man is not speaking to me,dosen,t want another Alfa .But im smitten.Is there any local garages in North Lanarkshire Area.???????
AO Gold Member
in the long run and with inadequate maintance every vehicle (or plane for that matter) will break down !
and as said before, selespeeds are not for the hamfisted mechanics !!
I always advice sele owners to master some simple technics with alfadiag, Multiecuscan etc and a proper
OBD cable ... important for seles : pressure (50-55 bar) clutch rod lenght (28-29 mm) and tutela oil that
stays on the max ... its that simple !
and once a year a calibrate routine, all can be done without getting greasy hands !
see youtube rarebear14 for a demo on my 156 sele !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 2003 , 20ts , selespeed , trouble