AO Gold Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Perth and Kinross
We took it for a spin today with AlfaDiag hooked up. All T's and P's looked fine, but it was (fairly regularly) not selecting 4th going up, or 3rd coming down.
I plotted the sensors for requested gear and inserted gear, which was interesting. In normal operation, a gear change would be registered in the 'requested gear' sensor, shortly followed by the 'inserted gear' sensor as the change was made.
However, when the system was 'playing up', it was a different story. While running in 3rd and changing up, the requested gear would change to 4th, followed by no drive/insertion. The requested gear would then change automatically to 5th, followed by the actual insertion.
Coming down from 4th to 3rd would show the requested gear as 3rd, followed by no drive. Then the requested gear changed automatically to 4th (with no drive), then automatically changed to 5th, shortly followed by a good insertion.
What I didn't try was plotting the vehicle speed sensor, which might have shown something up. We'll have another look at the connections as well...