As everyone was out yesterday and I couldn't get my hands on a new MAF I decided to do the drop links instead. Half an hour a side would have it done I reckoned so out came the axle stands. Unfortunately it didn't go entirely according to plan. I would say the bottom nut was a ******* but that would be an insult to *******s. The allen key hole rounded in an instant leaving me up the creek because the nut had more or less welded itself on.
Usually, when a bolt or nut is seized I just break out the angle grinder and zip it off but I couldn't get in. I ended up spending about 3 days (or so it felt) hacksawing, chiseling and drilling. At the end of it, the nut and the end of the balljoint looked like the pic below. The rest of the nut is fragmented all over my drive.
Last edited by keithyboy; 07-01-11 at 17:15.