156 2.0 ts wont start - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cardiff
156 2.0 ts wont start

hi i am trying to drive a black 156 2.0 ts on a 51 plate if the thing would run.
the problem started when a changed the battery in the key fob because the remote central locking wasnt working, it then worked fine until my dad used the car and force of habbit opened it with the key not the button and the alarm went off it then stopped and the car started and ran for about 1 min then cut out in the middle of the road and wouldnt start (the starter motor turns but it will not fire) it has run twice since this for about 5 mins each time then cuts out ive taken it to a local diagnostics company and they said the car is too complicated for them to work on and i have taken it to my main dealer and they said it wuld be a minimum charge of £150 if they fix it or not and another £50 per hour if it runs on, and at the moment i cant chance spending a few hundred quid on it. I have also contacted the previous owner to see if he had any trouble with it in the past and all he could tell me is that it has had a brand new engine about 1000 miles ago but there was no problems fitting it and it ran first time.
does anybody have any ideas? tom_shackson

still not low enough
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Perth and Kinross
The battery/alarm thing may be coincidence. Sounds like the kind of problem you get with a faulty crank sensor.

Any warning lights (eg a 'code' light) on the dash?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , start