Advice on this GT - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Graham P
It's nothing to do with the wheels being pretty I just think as it is quite a big coupe the 16's just look totally lost on it
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

16" look poverty spec. Is abit pricey for a low spec.Take you time found the best you can.
AO Member

Member car:

one word of advice on the wheels, I've got the Q2 18"s on mine, and love and hate them in equal quantities - in my opinion they absolutely make the car (no issue with you preferring 16"s though!) - but I hate how easy they kerb. I've had loads of cars with 18s, and everyone bar the alfa has a little rim protector on the tyres. With the Alfa the wheels stand proud of the tyre - so your first warning of trouble is an expensive one. My car is leased, so has to go back with no wheel damge - I've got 3 new ones' off ebay, I just need one more :-)
(Post Link) post #29 of 29 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Aberdeenshire
Thanks for that input - its a dilema for sure. Apart for the kerbing issue is there not a serious handing/weight issue associated with 18" on this car. I dont have any experience of driving this car with different tyre size options but thats what this forum is for, however my previous car (FTO) is much better on original 16" than the 18 or even 19" that people put on them but revert to 16" for track days when its speed/handling rather than posing that counts. What about tramlining?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT