Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
2005 GT " Fanning" noise from rear ?
Ok here goes........Bought a nice Red GT last week, very tidy and clean, perfect in every way except.............. I have noticed a very slight "fanning" noise from what appears to be the rear wheels, pull away in first and its quiet up until approx 15mph, then past 20mph gets somewhat more noticable until at 25-30mph it stops all together. its a sort of sound that causes a resonance in your ears.
So far i can tell you this...............
1. Jacked up the rear, both wheels spin freely with no obvious friction spots
(Although the pads do touch )
2. Pads appear to be recent Lucas replacements
3. The noise will happen in gear going up and down through the speed range and coasting
foot on the clutch.
4. There is no pumping at the brake pedal at any speed range on or off the brakes
5. Hitting the brakes at speed produces no adverse effects.
6. Cant find anything loose or out of place
7. It happens with the windows up or down.
So Gentlemen / Ladies............ Any answers or expereince of this before ?
Many Thanks in Anticipation