147 key fob not working - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Bristol
Hi guys

My key fob was working fine, but the metal keyring part kept sliding out and getting seperated from my main keys so I decided to put a dab of superglue on it, but I think some of the glue must have seeped into the casing because now my fob doesn't work.

I've bought new batteries and I want to see if I can take it apart... from what I can see through the gap when I prised it apart a little the contacts are dirty/ have dried glue on them.

Is there anyway back for my keyfob? Or do I need a new one? DOes anyone have a pic of what they SHOULD look like inside?

Sponsored Links
County: West Sussex

Member car:

147 lusso

my fob locks and unlocks the boot but wont unlock, the little red light shows for the 2 but not the unlock any ideas why?
AO Silver Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Alfa 147 GTA

Hi Joeish, you seem to have some good knowledge there : )

Wonder if I can tap into it...just bought a GTA slightly on the cheap, and it has a few issues. One of which is the key, it doesn't do anything. It doesn't seem to be in pieces though.. - I've opened the screw, and poped out the battery and holder, and replaced the battery, but nothing. It's one of the black flip keys. This key doesn't seem to have any lights on it, so hard to tell if the battery is duff, or something else is wrong?

Does the key lose its programming after a certain amount of time with no power? Ie. if he left a flat battery in it for ages and ddnt bother, will it lose its coding to the car? Or, is it likely that the connection is just busted somewhere?

Don't want to tear the key apart if it just won't work anyway...hope I'm making a vague bit of sense! Appreciate any thoughts.

Spec: 147 GTA Gabbiano Blue <> 2.5v6 Catless Mani's <> Gotcha EQ FP's <> Silenced Wizard Decat <> Wiz Unsilenced Cat Back <> 360 TB <> Eibach ARB's <> Q2 <> GTV Gearbox <> Short Shifter Kit

Web Design & SEO
County: Greater Manchester
Red Led flashes but remote key doesn't work

I'm newly registered on the forum. I've got a problem on my 3rd Alfa.
1st was a 156 2.5 V6
2nd was 156 2.0 Tspark
and the last one is a second hand 147 2.0 selespeed.

I've bought new battery, fitted them, but still remote key does not work. The key can mecanically open every door on the car, start the engine without probs.

But just can't remotely open or close, quite annoying when door locks are frozen and i wonder if Alarm system goes on when i manually lock the car.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , fob , key , working