My Name is Sarah, and with my partner John, we are the Specialist dealer 'nonsonoitaliono' is speaking of in this thread.
John and I have been members of this forum for three years. We became members of this forum as we both have a passion for Alfa Romeo. During this time we have made many friends and enjoyed the fun and banter. We have never used this forum as a business tool, either to sell cars or promote our business.
We have neither the interest or the time to be dragged into this witch hunt, but being called names by fellow responding AO members who are not in possession of the facts is deeply upsetting to both of us. The content of 'nonsonoitaliono' posting is so factually incorrect, we felt our only option was to put the members of this forum straight.
We will set things out for you in a clear and honest way and will avoid rambling and attacking people on a personal level.
'nonsonoitaliono' started off so insulting, the mods removed several comments' such was the personal nature of his attack on us.
Quite deservedly, I believe 'nonsonoitaliono' has now been issued Warning points from AO.
The basic facts of our dealings with 'nonsonoitaliono' as on record with Trading standards, our solicitor and the court (who are kept informed of his comments regularly due to his threatening and volatile behavior):
* After initial contact by telephone, 'nonsonoitaliono' visited us in February and agreed to purchase the 147
* At this time several small issues were pointed out by 'nonsonoitaliono' which we agreed to sort out prior to his collection
* As we do our best to prepare this to the highest standard, before the car was collected it was MOT'd, Fully serviced and cam belt and associated parts were replaced.
* Halfway through April, we were advised of a couple of small niggles that has appeared... these included a squeak from the suspension, a loose number plate lamp (at this point we had already replaced the battery to his specification).
* After 'nonsonoitaliono' decided to replace two of the tyres (due to the fact he had picked up a nail), he asked us if we could arrange the refurb the alloys because (in his own words) 'the muppets' from a well known tyre depot had scratched them. He would then pass all charges onto the depot in question.
* He also informed us that his only free time was at weekends as he was doing two jobs for two different firms causing difficulties in arranging a convenient time to get the small issues resolved.
* At this point we are informed by nonsonoitaliono ' the car is a real nice drive and runs smoothly' and he would leave a testimonial on our website as soon as he could.
* After several attempts to arrange a mutually agreeable time, 'nonsonoitaliono' finally took the car directly to Alfa*** services on our recommendation as we use this garage regularly and they are well know for being a top specialist in the South West.
* All faults at this point were rectified.
* It was then discovered that there was a rattle in the engine. The first we heard of this was a phone call from 'nonsonoitaliono' to say he was now rejecting the car and demanding a full refund.
* Offers were made to repair the car at our expense... however after taking legal advice he decided to begin court proceedings to claim a full refund, plus extras.
*At no point did we ever ask 'nonsonoitaliono' to pay a penny towards repair work.
* We were advised by the specialist that without stripping the engine, the fault could not be diagnosed... something we were happy to pay for.
* As 'nonsonoitaliono' couldn't persuade Alfa*** services to write a letter stating the car was un-driveable and engine was knackered, he called in an independent inspector from ACE
* The ACE report can be found on his EBay advert (see link within this thread) which clearly states that although there is a top end problem with the engine the car is infact roadworthy.
* As 'nonsonoitaliono' would not allow us to have the car repaired we were left with no alternative but to seek advice from Trading standards and our solicitor. We followed their advice to the letter.
* After lengthy legal communication, 'nonsonoitaliono' wife then contacted us to say that they no longer intended to pursue a claim against us and asked us to return the keys so it could be collected form Alfa*** where it had be abandoned during this period.
I would like to highlight the fact that since day one, we told 'nonsonoitaliono' we would pay for the repair work to be done at Alfa***. 'nonsonoitaliono' refused our help. He followed poor legal advise and demanded a full refund plus extras. If he had let us fix it... he would have a few months of happy motoring under his belt by now!! I fail to see what more we could have done for 'nonsonoitaliono'.
Additional points for clarification:
* We do indeed live in a house built on the edge of a council estate and it has been our home for 10 years - What is wrong with that?
* Personal comments (some of which now removed by mods) made about our family are so ridiculous, the don't even warrant a reply!!!!
* John and I both drive older Alfa Romeos 2000/2002 models each with 80k+... which if anything, proves our belief in the product.
* Many traders now trade from home... and those who do, tend to have a larger property in order to house the stock.... that's not being flash, its being practical.
* We ARE VAT registered and have been trading for many years.
* Anybody with any understanding of business law will understand that you are more exposed if you buy from a Ltd company. As a non Limited company, we have nothing to cover us legally if things go wrong.... we are liable - end of story.
* All testimonials on our website are completely genuine. However, we are limited to the amount of customer details published on the website, due to the data protection act.
* As a couple of you have noticed... 'nonsonoitaliono' story keeps changing with regards to the condition of the car on this thread and on EBay. This was no different with the court papers.... How the car can be a non runner, completely knackered engine and a death trap.... yet now he's published the ACE report to say what we said from day one... CAN BE DRIVEN, TOP END PROBLEM, PROB' A VALVE.
It would appear 'nonsonoitaliono' seems to have it in for everyone at the moment... demeaning comments regarding; Council houses, Gypsies... his eBay ad even has a pop at overweight people, Nigerians, camel coat wearing buyers and lard asses who dine in McDonalds!
who is next... disabled?
The mere fact he has been searching for my family on Facebook and looking through our photos, searching through the electoral roll and commenting on our private life, family, relationship and property is very sad. An invasion of privacy and to be honest a little creepy - I am sure his wife would be interested to know this.
"they also had some very nice pictures on facebook showing their holidays, they seem to take about 8 holidays a year and all high end stuff that I could not afford, now I know why
I did notice they have removed all of that from facebook now but it was very instructive, you can learn a great deal from studying photographs"
It amused us greatly to hear that we have 8 holidays a year! (I wish!) We both work seven days a week and even had our laptops with us on holiday to stay in touch with the business. And we have dodgy people visiting our house... not sure whose side of the family that is John!!!
We are both genuinely very sorry 'nonsonoitaliono' has found himself a recent casualty of the financial climate. It is effecting us all to some degree. However, we feel it is completely unfair that he chooses to victimise us in this totally unprovoked and unfair attack.
Like most companies, we have not always got things 100% right, but we work hard to take on board any criticism and suggestions in an effort to make changes and improve our service.
In retrospect... we would have like to have sorted out the initial issues 'nonsonoitaliono' had, in a shorter time period. However, fitting around his busy work schedule proved difficult.
We have done and will continue to offer people the best cars at the best value we can... I sincerely hope you can see this mans rhetoric for what it is, after following poor legal advice and loosing his job.
We would like to return to this forum on a personal level, to continue being part of the community and enjoying the banter with the friends we have made.
Sarah & John
Last edited by Sarah~; 23-11-09 at 15:52.