Clutch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Happened a few times now clutch slip, but not off the line , not from lowish revs in a high gear, it only slips when I'm going along at around 70-75mph(2500rpm) in top gear & go to floor it ,by the time my foot is at 3/4 down its slipping @3000rpm & stinking too??

I can feed it in slowly all the way up to the redline if I want or can push it hard to 2500rpm but the extra power seems to come on @3000rpm.

The car was already remapped before I bought it , & the P.O. had a new clutch kit fitted about the same time,within 13,000 miles he had a new Turbo fitted with a recon gearbox from Alfa as the Planet gear had collapsed & according to the invoice a recon Clutch fitted .

Since then the car has covered 56,000 miles on that recon clutch.

For day today driving its fine & for fast driving up to 2500 rpm its just dandy as you are bowling along by then, but when a 530 d passes you & I decide to chase its no fun at all when all I get is a load of revs at 3000 rpm & that awful burnt smell & the worst bit a smug 530D driver !!!

So all you clever buggers ( Pud etc) on tuning, which clutch do you recommend as an upgrade please?

One thing though I do not want a clutch pedal like an M3 where you feel weak at the sight of a traffic jam as you know your thigh muscles are in for a hammering lol.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

156 V6

Alot of remapped JTD Slip
County: Wexford
if its re-mapped it'll need an uprated clutch
So any particular make , I have noticed this E bay clutch ALFA ROMEO 156 2.4 JTD T/D CG MOTORSPORTS CLUTCH SK7623 on eBay (end time 11-Sep-09 18:07:57 BST) but not sure if anyone has experience of them?

Price seems very good though.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT