More problems for my 147?! Please HELP =( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 13-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Victoria
Help More problems for my 147?! Please HELP =(

I need help =(
I'm so new with alfa
I was driving mum's almost silent Honda Jazz(Fit) and 147 sounds very different and it's having problems

Ok, apart from having an incorrectly fitted left side headlight, headunit problem,

My 01 147 selespeed is getting

1. Gear problem??
=> I was having trouble selecting the gear. Well, it didn't engage 1st gear from neutral about 4 times. Then it got engaged. There was no problem selecting 1st to 5th gears. It wouldn't go from N to 1 nor 1 to N.
and while i'm on 1st or 2nd gear. It doesn't feel quite right... on 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. Gear change is smooth and when I step on the accelerator it's also smooth.
But when I'm on 1st or 2nd gear, I get this bad bite feelings on my foot. I don't know how to explain it...

Cambelt has been changed already. My car's quite shaky when idle. I looked at the passenger seat and it was vibrating.

My local alfa dealer won't be able to take a look at it till some time next week.
I just wanna know if there's any problem with the gear before the car breaks down =(

2. No automatic air vent movement
=> I thought they move automatically with the climate control. I tried all the combination of buttons but vents didn't bother moving =(

3. Window problem
=> windows don't open/close well. It seems that motors are failing.
Passenger side window goes down with driver's control automatically but it won't go up.
=( It also gets stuck.

4. Rear hatch problem
=> everytime I start the car I get the message that the rear hatch is open. I'm guessing the remote button gets pressed all the time lol

Thanks heaps in advance guys!

Last edited by alex_; 14-08-09 at 01:33.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 14-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Victoria
I'm sorry that I wrote so much and i'm asking a lot...

Could anyone please answer me the last one at least? please help me T_T
I might have some answers for you fella.

1. With the keyfob, depending how old your 147 is, you can only do the windows down. Also you have to keep your finger on the open button to keep them going down.

2. I get my door sign on the dash flicker sometimes, maybe just an Alfa quirk?

3. I don't have climate countrol but im 100% the vents don't auto move fella.

4. I won't have a clue im affraid!!
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

147 2.0 TS Lusso

hi mate

1. sounds like a possible clutch problem. would really need to be looked at by a garage. i doubt the idle problem wouldnt be related to the gear change problem.

2. i have climate control on my 147, the vents dont move automatically as far as i know!

3. if the pass window works ok on the pass switch, it could be the drivers switch. the switches are on a rocker and they push pins. sometimes a pin can wear out or break.
if the window opens fine, but dosent close properly (ie it goes up in stages and keeps stopping) it may need to be reset by taking the window up, hold switch 10 secs. then down, hold switch 10 secs. then up again, hold switch 10 secs.
also it could be the felt and rubber window runners are dried up and sticking, or a faulty motor.

4. is the boot actually open when the warning appears? if so, check your not accidentally pushing the fob. if its not open, it could be a faulty switch on the tailgate, or dodgy wiring.
AO Member
County: West Sussex
Hello for all the questions i only have a answer for the number 4: check if the boot lock screws aren`t loose, some times they have that problem you have to check if the lock if secure in the car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , problems