new alfa owner of 156 2.5 v6 Q system - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-09 Thread Starter
County: Surrey
new alfa owner of 156 2.5 v6 Q system

hi just wondered if anyone had a 156 2.5 v6 24 v Q system?
Also i have read that people have a probs with the airbag light staying on,does this mean that the air just doesn't work or that it could come out at any point?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
The airbag warning light usually means a fault so best get it checked perhaps, and it'll probably not fire in an accident as-is....? Mine seems ok, not tried turing the passenger one off - could that cause the light to come on maybe?

I bought one a few weeks ago too, Y2000 and am very happy with it, only warning light I keep getting is the bulb failure - now it's one of the front side-lights, so 3 in just over the same number of weeks. My old Cit used about this many in 6+ years, maybe the 'better' suspension saved the filaments lol. Going to swap the dipped beams for some +90% ones tho, talk about expensive, £23 each from halfrauds!!

AO Member

Member car:

hi. ive had a Q system for nearly three years now. so come across most faults including yours. after checking all connections, plugs, wires etc etc. it turned out to be the airbag ECU. my mate had the same car with the same problem + fix too. so dont think ecu failure is that uncommon. i picked mine up for £20 on ebay so might be worth the gamble to change yours??

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , owner , system