156 facelift bonnet badge removal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 10-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
156 facelift bonnet badge removal

I did a search for this and all the results seem to be for the pre-facelift model. Is it mounted in the same way? I have a shiny new badge from Autolusso waiting to go on but would prefer a bit of advice before I attack it.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
I asked this a while ago but got no reply

I want to replace the badge on my facelift but it doesnt seem the same as the pre-facelift when i looked. also emphasised by the fact that there are pre and facelift badges listed.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

If you have just got the badge then it's a nightmare to get the old one out I gave up in the end and brought the whole upper grill housing and badge in one

This is very easy to change, three nuts and that's it and it looks with the new bright badge in place.

I took my old housing and new badge to the tool room at work and one of the lads in there changed it for me, they had to destroy the old badge to get it out I then sold it on ebay to recoup some of my money. It sold within an hour

Always in the sh*t, just the depth that varies
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 10-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Done it!

Took the top grill bit out (3 bolts). Snapped off the plastic pegs with the spring clips on (no point wasting time trying to get something off that's very dificult to remove when it's going in the bin). Heated the front of the badge with a hairdryer until it warm to say the least and gently but firmly applied pressure on the back of the badge through a gap in the plastic with a terminal screwdriver until the adhesive eventually gave up. Removed the sticky bits with the aid of the hairdryer again. Recovered the the spring clips from the broken tabs. Fitted the new badge on and back on the car, job done! Took 15 minutes.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 10-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Next question is how to remove the boot badge and is it the same two pin/adhesive fitting as the front?
AO Member
Boot badge appears to be fixed with a 10mm bolt in addition to pins and glue. (See attached pic.) which I suppose accounts for the difference in price of the two badges although they appear to be of identical size.
I've just changed my grille badge £17.70 inc. VAT and post Bought from AO classifieds (came from AutoLosso), with help of 156-2.5-V6 excellent photo guide. Only problem I had was that unlike the rest of you experienced guys on here I expect, I dropped one of the 10mm bolts into that space behind the N/S headlight that is full of cables, connectors, little shelves to catch things, but not my bolt! I suppose it will fall out sometime! Anyway next time (if there ever is a next time)I'll put a dust sheet over the engine before starting.
So I started looking at the boot badge and have a quote of £27.80 inc. VAT and post from EB Spares. Anyone seen any other price please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BootBadgeIMG0001.jpg (52.0 KB, 17 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , badge , bonnet , facelift , removal