I bought this ’00 2.oL S/W approx 2 months ago..... i have named him 'Dave'
Its engine was knocking & it was not starting due to a duff rpm sensor
When I got back home I replaced the RPM sensor & then went for a 3 mile spin.
After this spin which the engine ceased while idling in my garage
Removing the sump & big ends showed that cyl 4 lower 1/2 shell had spun around to the top & jammed the conrod against the crank turret.
Oooppphhhhsss….. replacement engine required
Ben a 'tight a55
& with other things on the go i waited my time & got a good 2L for small money from a fella in dublin.
so last week i transferred the donor engine & original gearbox back into this car at the same time replacing the clutch too.
So tomorrow 'HE' goes for nct after the following 'prep' work has been completed:
* replacement engine/clutch
* new brake hoses x 2
* both front seat replaced with newer units, seat base were worse for wear
* replaced old disc with 'red-dot' 6 grooved & cross drilled discs x 2
* new pads x 4
* hand brake cables x 2
* Polyurethane ARB Bushes & 14mm 'split collars'
* 4 new transverse arms [ 2 front, 2 rear ]
* 4 GTA rims with 90% + thread.
* silver door mirrors x 2
* silver fog-light grills x 2
* chromed strips on grill x 5
* Sony Stereo with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile
* 4 Alpine 6" door speakers
* Polyurethane Front ARB bushes
* GTA Uprights x 2
* GTA Brembo Calipers x 2
* GTA discs 305mm x 28mm
* Brembo Pads x 4
* Eibach Springs, which I bought today
* Koni STR shocks ???