Price of MAF's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 05-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 GTA

Price of MAF's

Hi all.
I am currently going through a bit of a health rejuvination plan for the 156 and have stopped for now at the MAF.
I found it on Shop4Parts which is my favourite alfa parts place and they are listing it at 189.69!!!!! Eventhough thats with a bit of a discount that is still hugely expensive don't you think?
Where do you guys go for your MAFs. I know there are lots mentioned on ebay etc but I want to get a decent Bosch one and it has to be for the later 2.0 JTS engine for the Facelift 156.

(I am a bit sensitive to cost at the moment following just spending 330 at a dealer after a simple thermostat change I did (which went fine) resulted in a mysterious issue with the fan not working. This lead me to try to diagnose the fan issue by trying to jump start the fan with a feed from the battery direct to the fan which only resulted in me wiping the ECU and blowing a fuse that was apparantly burried in the dash and not in the fuse box under the steering column!!!)
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
If the MAF isn't broken then don't fix it. they are a bit sensitive anyway. The price seems pretty reasonable for a genuine. I've used both genuine and ebay items in my time and they have both worked perfectly. Oh and by the way. The ones on ebay are bosch items so quality should be good!!

150 pounds for a genuine. Hope that helps
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Go to a scrap yard i got a maf for 20
AO Member
County: Suffolk

Member car:

156 V6

The company I work for is a Bosch agent and we can supply one for a little less than they're going for on eBay.

Here's a link to one on our website - LINK

Although we carry ten of thousands of items in stock this item will have to come from Germany, so if you're interested please bear in mind it may take a day or two longer than normal.

Note to mods - apologies if this is against the rules, delete if necessary.
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

156 2.0 lusso

the ones on ebay are still a lot cheaper than yours sony i bought one proper bosch from citreon cars 45 + postage if i rember right
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
I got a quote of 93 inc postage for a genuine Bosch MAF for 2001 TS . can post the details if anyone is interested?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

maf , price