147 Servicing etc - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

147 Servicing etc

Hello all!

Probably going to look at a 147 this coming week, and before i potentially buy it, what are the annual servicing costs involved? Am i right in thinking the spark plugs wont need changing every year. If this is correct, how much do they cost when they do need replacing as i have heard they are expensive?
And other than having the oil and filters changed every year, what else is routine on a 147?
Baring in mind i only cover 5000 miles every year!

Does anyone know of any good independents in Essex?

I currently have my Ford serviced every year by my local garage (not main dealer) who are excellent. Do you think they could maintain the car yearly other than the cambelt change when it crops up as i understand specific tools are required to do this on a 147?

Thankyou all for your help - Clarkie
Sponsored Links

Spark plugs are 5yrs/60k - you can pick up a set from somewhere like alternative autos ( along with other servicing stuff ) for 60ish
Cambelt 3yrs/36k
See here for recommended indies
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gener...endations.html (Independent garage Recommendations)
guide to servicing costs here http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/alfa_r...ervicing.shtml
Oil, air, pollen filter changes reasonably straightforward so if you can turn a spanner you can do it yourself

Last edited by Davffc; 01-08-09 at 16:41. Reason: amended link

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , servicing