Lambda issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bristol
Lambda issues

Hi all

I'm new to Alfa's and have loved the experience of owning one ('53 2.0 JTS) until the other day when my engine management light came up.

I downloaded Alfadiag and i got the error message that the "lambda pre-cat bank 2" had failed.

I looked up on here and it seemed like a simple job so was going to do it myself. Had the part delivered and when i went to replace it the pre-cat lambda had different wiring from the one i had ordered.

IIRC i read on here that on JTS the pre cats have 4 wires and the post have 5. The picture below show the bank 2 lambda sensors but the one with 5 wires (on the left) is going into the pre-cat and the 4 wire is going into the post-cat.

Have i been a screw up and ordered the wrong part? If not what would you suggest i do? Swap the 2 cats around? would the wrong lambda affect the diag in any way?

Any answers greatly recieved

Sponsored Links
Mario Andretti
The precat is 5 wires but with these cars the connection can be more of a problem then the probe itself....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

issues , lambda