HELP!!! Wipers and Indicators not working - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-07-09 Thread Starter
County: Greater London

Member car:

HELP!!! Wipers and Indicators not working

Hi Guys, i own a 147 and all of a sudden my wipers and Indicators stopped working. I checked everything else and although the lights come on, it seems that i cant change them from dim to bright. To top it up, i can hear a noise from underneath the steering, which makes abit of a sound just when you about to put on the car. This goes on for a short while then stops.

I did the obvious looked at the fuses, and they all seem to be fine. Funny thing is that the main screen doesnt even give any warning signals of any faults anywhere.

Does someoene know what could be the problem and what could be the cheapest way of fixing it as i am inclined to going to the garage and fixing it. Arrrrrgh, most annoying i must say. I also took out the battery and left it for a while hoping that this might reset the system, but with no luck.

Any good suggestions will be deeply appreciated, and if i do need to go to the garage does anyone know how much it might costs roughly.

Thanks all!!!!!
Sponsored Links
County: Zagreb

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

I had a similar problem with wipers and also I can hear a strange noise under steering, after checking everything I found that a connector to stalker unit have some bead contact and I fix it and for now it is O.K. wipers working fine and there is no noise anymore.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

indicators , wipers , working