Cornwall and Back! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
Well Happy Cornwall and Back!

Got back from my first long trip in the Alfa tonight and I gotta say it was great fun!! Leicester - Cornwall and back again (320 miles each way) and a whole lotta driving in the middle. Felt a bit sluggish under 3-4k revs on the motorway but once at 4k and above it was absoluely humming and a joy to drive!!

Over 820 miles the trip read 36.0 mpg which is pretty good i reckon considering the narrow windy, steep country lanes most of the driving, once there, was on. It read about 37. something on the outward journey; could have done 40 mpg but once I hit the A30 it just didn't want to hang around! ha! Though I didn't take it much over a ton as they rev so high and I get a bit paranoid something will go kerrput. And despite the scare stories the oil hasn't noticeably moved on the dipstick which is pleasing.

So the super-duper rescue cover I took out before leaving didn't get used, and now all it needs is a dam good clean!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
I recently did the same journey, from derby though. Made me realise how much the gearbox whines! I got a touch under 38 MPG, in my 1998 1.8 ts. Was quite pleased for the age of the car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

back , cornwall