knackered suspension - can anyone offer a more technical diagnosis? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

knackered suspension - can anyone offer a more technical diagnosis?

Ride quality seems to have gone in the GT. Doesn't seem as planted on the road and some definite vibration/shaking on anything other than the very smoothest of road surfaces.
Also a definite squeaking from the front end when going over speed bumps and the like. Would this suggest possible wishbone damage?
Hit a couple of speed bumps that were a little bigger than i realised a little faster than i would have liked at the weeked and that seems to have started the problem. What does anyone make of it?
cheers in advance for the replies.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.4JTD

Upper wishbones I would say is most likely for the squeaking. Also possible is lower wishbones or shock absorbers.

Worth a check that everything is still bolted up nice and tight for a start off too. One of my anti roll bar link nuts has come loose once after some "enthusiastic" driving on dodgy road surfaces, made a disturbing clonking noise!

Vibration might be as simple as a missing wheel balance weight? Another possible could be driveshaft/CV joint.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

diagnosis , knackered , offer , suspension , technical