Fitting a 3.2 V6 GTA engine to a 1.8 Twinny? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Originally Posted by jason156 View Post
Daz was bidding on Puds car

Dazza the advert (and boy I've looked at it a few times) is based on a one in one out swap, a 2.5 - 3.0 and 3.2 are the same engine on the outside, bolt in swap, the mods to a TS 156 would be huge, and a 2.5 with a knacked engine would be a better place to start....or a GTA needing TLC
I have been looking for (GTV lovers shut your ears) a 3.0 GTV as a donor to stick in mine, but the sums don't really add up, look at what Bacon, and then Pud have chucked at Puds car, and its probably the best 2.5 based motor about, but it would have been cheaper to start with a GTA in the long run..
Still envious of what Dan has though
It cost me a lot of money in the end to build mine... I'm kind of glad I did though, the proof being I'm doing it all over again.
Sponsored Links
Originally Posted by jason156 View Post
I always questioned the lower end torque isssue, and cured it to a fair extent with a new exhaust system, only after taking it off did I see how much difference it made, and a 3.0 is a better solution.
I reckon they used the 2.5 'cos a 3.0 would be too close to the GTA..
Even with the slower (much) 2.5 I wonder is the GTA worth 3 to 4 times as much money? (rough 2nd hand values)
Is it 3 to 4 times better a car?
Still want one though
The problem is there are times when you want people to know its something a bit special and not a boggo 2.5, I catch myself looking at GTA's with their flared arches and bigger bumper with a degree of envy fairly regularly.

Then again, there have been other times such as on a track day when I've been quicker than a 964 911 RS and the 993 911 in front of it when I've had the biggest grin ever in my "boggo" 2.5....

Last edited by Chris155; 23-07-09 at 12:27.
Right, so can you drop a 3.2 Litre V6 GTA engine from a 156 GTA into a 2.5 V6 156 with a blown engine? Or would you have to upgrade all the bits and bobs for it to handle the extra power? Clutch, gearbox, etc etc?
AO Silver Member
County: Powys
Well it'd make sense to
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Plus the 2.5 V6's suspension is pretty marginal in standard trim, even with a sportpack, so that will need uprating.

Dazza, you are far better off just buying a GTA, unless you want the car to be a 1 off.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , fitting , gta , twinny