faulty ecu..?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

156 jtdm16v

faulty ecu..??

hi wonder if anyone has any ideas on this one....had 156 16v jtdm for three months 53 plate,it's done a lot of miles 126k,however engine is sweet and looks great.getting motor system failure and rev limit.first.second,third ok.4,5,6 3k limit...been to garage for diag test,he cleared codes,drove till light came on again(15 miles)..got code p0601..faulty ecu,however he said aint too sure tho as they rarely go faulty....had loose battery lead maybe this could of affected ecu(spiking)..oh the warning light came on for sys failure for the first time at the same time low feul light came on,sometimes feul gauge gives false reading's...should i send ecu to be tested or get wiring checked out first..this car is great when i get a day with no failure light..goes like the wind
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Had the same problem with my jtd mjet. Same fault altough without the fuel gauge light. rev limit with motor failure light. Took to alfa. Reset. Made it a mile up the road. Came back and had it reset again. Made it about 10!!! Turned out to be a faulty MAF sensor. They did suggest a leaky fuel injector too so if its not the MAF it could be that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

ecu , faulty