Poorly 2.4 156 JTDm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 16-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Poorly 2.4 156 JTDm

I posted yesterday about my 156 which had developed a problem and seemed to be running with no turbo (156 no boost) however things have changed a little....

The intention was to take her into Intaservice but I was a tad unsure about the safety as she really was down on power, this morning I couldn't get off the drive. Idle seemed okay but as soon as clutch came up there was a danger of stalling, throttle seemed to make no difference. While then trying to coax her back into her parking space on the drive the idle went v.choppy and there's grey (not black) smoke exiting the exhaust. The smoke is def grey and not bluey.

I wonder if it's an over-fueling issue? If I give it a little more throttle but a sensor somewhere doesn't recognise this is it plausible that the diesel just floods the engine?

I then left it 10mins and started again - this time I could get on/off the drive okay (mild incline) but there's still no power - there is though the usual faint turbo whistle, and (thankfully) she's smoke free again.

Sounds like at least one dodgy sensor - now got the AA on way as I don't really want to get half way to Inta and have revert to cutting out/smoking again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , jtdm , poorly