Alfa Diag and Air Con ........ - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Help Alfa Diag and Air Con ........

Hello Alfa Bods....

2 issues with the 156 TS Sportwagon.

1 - can anyone advise where I can purchase this Alfa Diag software people keep referring too - seems to be the daddy of software if you have an alfa. Also I have a very modern Laptop with no Serial port, so does the cable come with a USB plug or will it run through a USB to Serial Adapter - I have one of those....
My alfa is a yr 2000 on W plate.

2 - Air con - it aint working. I had it gassed up and works well when a live wire from the battery is applied, but when you use the air con button in the cab, nothing.
I was thinking of bypassing the ecu and using the dash button feed to a relay and taking a live feed straight to the air con, but I need to find out if it is a circulation air con system or a pressurized one.
I am told if it is a circulation I will be fine to bypass, but if a compressed system not to do it, as the ECU controls the pressure etc....

I have had alfa plug into the system (at stupid, stupid cost) and they say it is possible that it is an earth inside the ECU that controls the air con.

Can anyone advise where this is, or any ideas to fixing, or finally if it is ok to bypass the car wiring and take a live to the aircon.

Many Thanks and happy motoring.. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Alfadiag here: AlfaDiag Alfa Romeo Diagnostic Software

USB cable form the 'bay or from Two users on here SEARs & Rarebear <-- they supply fully tested modded ones

Aircon - dunno - soz

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , alfa , con , diag