Bodywork - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-07-09 Thread Starter
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 147 Tspark

Decided it was time I broke my forum cherry and seek some advice...

I'm looking at replacing my 147 for a brerra but I'd like to save the money if possible...

I live in Birmingham UK and love my Alfa 147. It is coming up for 9 yrs old now and the paintwork is becoming more and more faded, polishing just doesn't seem to cut it anyomore, the deep Rosso red is no more. There are also several suffs, paint chips etc which I'd like to get sorted.

If I could get it back to its former glory in its appearance I'd stick with it as long as it lasts...

I take great pleasure in repairing and replacing from the advic I've obtained from this site and touch wood haven't had anything seriously wrong as yet.......(!?!)

Any suggestions of where I could get some bodywork done in and around Birmingham at a reasonable cost would be much appreciated and how much should I be expecting to pay?....
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1382
County: West Midlands

Member car:

alph a ramayo

Simplyalfas in Stourbridge

AO Silver Member
County: Greater London
There are plenty of mobile valeting companies that can Cut the paint and use better polishes to bring back some colour.

If its really gone to far then its too late but most paint work even really flat and faded can be brought back to some extent.

Try the local adds and see whats what, be warned they dont come cheap, a mate does detailing and hes got all the different cutting compounds for different paints etc and he charges 150+ but can spend all day on one car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT