Deciding to take the 'bull by the horns' i aint letting this V6 do my head in no more
so i did the folloing today:
1. filled reservoir with water [ no point wasting coolant ] & left the cap OFF, ran engine for 10 mins & got it up to a decent temp.....bubbles observed during this period
2. remove 3 front plugs & injector leads & started engine, ran like a dog, bubble still observed
3. did a compresison test on cyl 4, 5 & 6, all 3 were 15 bar [ according to my Gutman Guage ]
4. inserted 3 front plugs & inj leads & started engine, ran well, still bubbles [ no surprise there
5. removed plentium, 3 rear plugs & injector leads, NO BUBBLES
6. did a compression test on:
cyl 1, 15bar, no bubbles observed
cyl 3, 15 bar, no bubbles observed
cyl 2 17 bar, BUBBLES
SO its the REAR head, cylinder 2 section of head gasket thats blown.
possibly cyl 1 & 3 are weeping too coz when the engine span without spart plug sin or injector leads connected vapour wa sobserved coming form the plug holes.
Now, do i replace just rear head gasket or both?
In situe or engine out ...PITA but probally easier in the long run?