That looks proper good there fella
May I ask how you done it as mine is off at the moment and seems the perfect time to do it
Start by removing all tubes from the airbox, inside and out.
The first reflextube pointing to the wheel is easy, as thatīs where the original tube is. So just enlarge the hole to fit the reflextube, and place the bellmouth about half way from the bottom and where the ribs stop on the inside of the box, this ensure good airflow for the filter. You might need to grind a little of the sides of the bellmouth, to get it to fit inside.
The one pointing forward require at bit more work. The resonator box needs to be cut off.
resonator box 1
resonator box 2
I started by prying it apart at the glued seem, and then I could see how much more I could cut off, only leaving the airbox with the filter.
When you have cut off the resonator box, you can see the hole into the airbox, this one I opened up with a hole saw, and fitted the next reflextube here. Again this should be placed halfways in the airbox to ensure good airflow around it.
All seems where glued with silicone sealant.
I made the tubes as short as practical, and I donīt think there will be any problems with turbulence in them, as there is more than twice the inlet area, compared to the original inlet tube.
Remember that you now have the inlet placed fairly low, so donīt drive through deep water. But if you see the first picture in the gallery the top inlet tube is at about numberplate height, and I wouldnīt drive through water that deep anyway.
I used 65mm tubes with rounded ends for this project, and now I really donīt see the need for an expensive CDA carbon filterbox.
I havenīt tried with a replacement sportsfilter for the original airbox, but I think thereīs plenty airflow through the standard paper one.