Wheel bearings - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 05-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
Wheel bearings

you have all heard about my waterpump problem, now I have another........ both rear wheel bearings would seem to have gone. Now I understand about wear and tear,we all have to accept that don't we. However he is my problem, I had my passenger side rear bearing replaced only 8 months ago for my MOT. Is it possible for a bearing to go in such a short time???? Do I approach the garage who did the work?
Again not happy......she is making it difficult for me to love her........my wife says she got to go.................but don't worry thats not going to happen yet.

Also where is the best place to get the wheel bearings from?

Many thanks

Bmc CDA Airfilter, Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Silicone air intake pipe, Upper Front Strut Brace, Clear Indicaters, Koni Pro Sport Adjustable Shocks all round, Scudu Front Grill

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: North Ayrshire
Where did the last unit come from??

Did you just buy the bearing or did you buy the bearing inclusive of the hub. If you bought bearing only and used in original hub, I can see why it has failed so early. New units are normally matched.

Have you had your rear wheels balanced recently, not normally the norm, but helps.

Suppliers and makers.

Main Dealers always expensive
Shop4Parts and E.B Spares are very good
QH now make rear wheel bearing hubs inc bearings for ABS or not, which are about 15% cheaper than the above.
Flee Bay specials for 40 inclusive are not worth the hassel, and are made by NYK pte.
AO Member
County: Bristol
QH are good cant recommend them enough used lots of their stuff before and never had a problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bearings , wheel