hazard warning lights dont work - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 04-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

156 2.4 jtd sw

hazard warning lights dont work

hi on my 156 jtd (face lift interior) i have no hazard lights at all, the indicators are fine, have checked fuses not sure what else it can be the only other thing is hazard switch dosent click like the others on the centre console
Sponsored Links
The hazard switch is part of the climate control unit which is well known for having dry solder joints inside. If your handy with a soldering iron you can take it apart and re-solder the connections inside - or get someone else to do it for you.

the switch doesn't click as it is a momentary push switch - like a button on a calculator.
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

Citroen xantia

Hi CraigM, same problem on a `04 facelift 156 1.6 Ti..........followed your advice.....got help from an electronics friend......first attempt was cleaning the circuit board, particularly the area around the hazard lights "switch pads" no fix......then redoing the soldered joints on the circuit board.....hey presto.......back in business. My electronics pal did it for me......very small soldering iron tip required and a magnifying glass.....delicate stuff !.........Thanks you`ve saved me a packet !. The temp sensor / fan unit is a bayonet fitting into the back of the module...care required to fit / remove.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

hazard , lights , warning , work