cambelt cost at indy north wales garage RESULT!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 04-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Denbighshire

Member car:

147 GTA

cambelt cost at indy north wales garage RESULT!!

Afternoon peeps, just got back from Checkpoint motors in Mold after getting a new battery and whilst they were changing it (included in the price of the battery) I asked for a quote to have my cambelt, followers etc and waterpump done as its due in the next 1000 miles (about 2 weeks driving for me) most places were quoting me 500-800 inc labour not inc the variator.

Checkpoint quoted me 325 inc labour!! They are also checking the price of the variator for me too as mine is shot but said it would prob put an extra 50-70 onto the bill. Incidentally there were 2 other alfas being done whilst i was there both 156s as their belts had snapped. So im booked in for the 18th July to have the 60k service done on my 147, my engine is on about 34k as it had a new one after the last cambelt snapped. Chaps name is Dave and he has done lots of 147s and 156s and a plethora of other Alfas and they have all the locking keys etc and they know their stuff as I have had other cars done there and cannot fault the service.

So any other alfisti in North Wales or Chester go to Checkpoint in Mold and speak to Dave if you need your belts or major service done

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cambelt , cost , garage , indy , north , result , wales