Massive Parts disapointments - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

GTV Lusso 3.0

Massive Parts disapointments

With the summer coming up I decided to get my air con working again, and bought a pipe to replace the damaged one from SGT, paid 25 for a brand new pipe which is on eper for about 60. When installing it I noticed the other one was damaged so set about sourcing that.

After being massively messed around by people breaking their cars I found a company called Continental Car Breakers (through partsgateway). I sent them the part number when requesting the quote, and when I spoke to the guy he knew exactly what bit I was talking about.

It was to my suprise (and considerable dismay) that when the package arrived today the hose was from the wrong car. The hose appears to be from a facelift v6, whereas I quite clearly stated the car was 1998.

Then I set about changing my cabin air filter, only to discover that the part was again from a facelift V6 despite being advertised for 98-01 cars (from an ebay seller this time)!

I had booked an MOT and air con gas for saturday, but now it looks like I'll be waiting another few weeks to get this sorted.

Edit: The hose also had a completely different part number on it, I am just hoping that they do infact have the correct one and I can get them to send it out for saturday delivery.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
Sorry to hear that but sometimes you cannot always rely on people selling on ebay. It might be worth going directly to the scrap yard, thats what i do to avoid dissapointment.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

disapointments , massive , parts