Petrol smell in cabin when warm weather???
My 156 1.8ts is being a bit dubious at the moment.
This week fuel consumption seems a little higher and when i travel home in the warm weather with the ventilation fan on i smell petrol faintly only when stationary and immeditely.
Now it doesn't smell in the morning same journey stops etc and fans on?????
Things to note........
1. New exhaust put on 4 weeks ago.(front pipe,intermediate and rear box)
2. Red injector light has been on and off but not in the last couple of days or so.
3. New 16" Teledial wheels/tyres put on last wkend. (was steel wheels 15")
4. Car feels a bit gutless and fuel seems a bit heavier than usual.
5. I have checked the car over and can't see any leaks, the petrol smell seems to be from the drivers side wing area near the expansion tank. However i can't smell it there all the time . It is definitely petrol smell though.
Appreciate any views or thoughts.