Alfa 156 T-Spark Issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Alfa 156 T-Spark Issues

Hi Everyone, I Hope You Can Help

Basically, I own a Alfa 156 1.6 T-Spark (2001), I have taken it to 2 garages and before I start they have confirmend that the engine appears healthy & big end failure isnt there, which was a relief. The problem is that the oil light will appear only when the engine is up to the required temperature and running idle, the car has just been serviced so all oil change, filters etc are correct, also I find that between 1-2 thousand revs you get a noise from the engine which seems to clear when it exceed 2 thousand revs, again this is only clear when engine is up to temperature... I've spent a lot on car so far, as it had been sitting in our garage for 16months, and kind of want to kno whats best... Ive also had cam belt and pulleys, tensioners, variator etc done when serviced last week... Is it possible variator could have gone again in this time, as I felt this sounded ok untill recently, plus I was told by the garage that done the variator etc that the people who did the basic service put the wrong oil in it 5w40, ive now has this drained and 10w40 has been put in it... Please help, would something as simple as an oil pressure switch cause this

Thanks in advance

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , issues , tspark