Loosening Battery Leads on 06 GT JTDm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
Loosening Battery Leads on 06 GT JTDm

Well this one left skid marks on my kaks........

Went to leave the house this morning for the usual drive into the office only to find the engine wouldn't start, not only that but none of the electrics worked either. Aaaargh!!!! Checked everything I could see under the bonnet which was promptly slammed shut, cursed myself for buying an Alfa and went to stomp in doors. As a reflex I tried to lock the car, heard the beeps and thought 'what the.....??'. Unlocked it, got in and tried to start it. First time.........

'Weird' I thought driving in. Got to the office and into the car park, turned her off and tried to immediately restart her. Nope, nothing. Stumped into the office and had a word with a colleague (his Dad is an independent in Wycombe). I was promptly told the battery was flat and needed replacing or there was a loose connection. Went out and had a look, yep one of the leads was loose. Phew.

Now here is the cautionary bit, I tightened them before I went for a quick spin. The front ones stayed nice and tight but the back ones had come loose again. I nicked some blue 'goo' from a mechanic a couple of doors down and they are staying nice and tight!

Anyways thought I would let you all know just in case like.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

battery , jtdm , leads , loosening