2 Random questions for 147 jtd - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
2 Random questions for 147 jtd

Right, here are two random questions:

1) I was in yorkshire today and was on a massive hill, i had to stop for an oncoming car to reverse as the hill lane was wide enough for one car at a time, I held the brake pedal, lifted off and quickly accelerated whilst lifting off the clutch, I found the bite eventually but not before revving to red line in first gear, then afterwards smelt a almost burning smell, would that be the tires just from wheel spin or something? or would that be the clutch ready to fall onto the floor or the gearbox still on that hill somewhere? lol I took it near teh red line but didn't let the clutch off totally, only find the bite in which I then controlled it from there. so it's not like when drag racing where you rev it to a certain rev and lift the clutch off fully or something

2) My car alarm just went off ten minutes ago, there was nothing that could have hit it or no one breaking into it.... any ideas?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , jtd , questions , random