Alfa GT Front Suspension - Help needed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9JTDM

Alfa GT Front Suspension - Help needed

Hi all, Can someone help me. I've recently brought myself a Alfa Romeo GT V6 3.2 on a CAT-D. The car had sustained an OSF bang resulting in ripped off front osf leg, caplier, disc, A frame and airbag's damage. This is my 4th consecutive Alfa and I've been after a GT for a while but didn't want to stitch myself up in credit for a 10k car so CAT-D seemed by best option. Times are tuff for all at the mo

The company I brought the car of had put a 147 front leg and suspension on (I beleive so it could be moved and the original leg,caliper, discs were no with the car when recovered). I've compared the front os suspension and leg to the nearside (which is un-damaged) and it looks very similar except the caplier mounts are different for the big brembo's so I know I will need a new hub & Bearing. Also is this a DIY job if I purchase a sesond hand GT hub with bearing fitted?

The question I have is how different are the 147 leg/dampers/wishbones to the original GT 3.2 V6 fitment and can anyone recommend someone I can try for second hard parts? (So far I've tried AutoLusso, Mitchells Vehicle dismantlers and partsgateway).

This is the final piece of the jigsaw before I send my car of for A-Frame and panel repairs.
So far I've found it a fun and challenging hobby getting to grips wit trim/panel removal, airbags etc..

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, Chris (Birmingham)
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
GTA struts are different to the rest of the range: as you say the caliper mounts are different, so you are going to need a matching strut or the brakes will be odd and unbalanced.

Hate to say it, but probably as rare as rocking horse s&%t as anyone that wants bigger brakes fits them to their other 147/156s ...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , front , needed , suspension