Full throttle...or not! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 15-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 V6 Veloce

Full throttle...or not!

Quick question, how do you know if you are getting full throttle on fly by wire systems? I'm talking about the 2.5 V6 here but I guess it applies to any of this type.

With the intake pipe off and the ignition on, pressing the pedal all the way down only opens the butterfly valve a fraction.

The only reason I ask is that when accelerating, the last 20mm or so of throttle travel seems to make no difference to the speed of the car, no increase in induction noise etc.

I'd love to know how to check this as I'm not sure I am actually getting full throttle when required. I've connected a scanner which reads live data but the figures it gives me don't really mean anything. (to me anyway)

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Lancashire
full throttle on any car is never at the end of travel, its usually about 80% of travel

drive another one to see if its different of get it on a rolling road
AO Silver Member
County: Western Cape

Member car:

Modus 1.4

What Alfa Red Said.
I find mine too sensative, and wish I could find a way to get the first 20% a lot less sensative
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 15-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 V6 Veloce

Full throttle at 80%? Maybe that is right for fly by wire I suppose. I know on cable throttle the throttle pedal stop would always co-incide with full throttle on the butterly. Any more pedal movement would push the butterfly over centre and jam in the bore.

I wonder if you can take any resistance measurements from the potentiometer to work it out. Failing that, does anyone own a V6 and wouldn't mind me driving it? I'm near Clevedon, just south of Bristol.
Alfadiag will tell you this kinda thing, throttle valve angle etc *disclaimer* I think

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

full , throttleor