Finally Back to an Alfa... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-06-09 Thread Starter
County: Swansea

Member car:

147 2.0 TS

Finally Back to an Alfa...

As the internet was just about invented when I lasted owned an Alfa (02) I didn't join any forum so this is my first post... Got a couple of questions and have read thru a number of the threads including the 147 niggle one.

Firstly and probably most importantly the last 147 I had was not a Selespeed the one I have bought now is, I think (I hope this does not offend) I am driving it like a girl. Shift up seems really slow, anyone got any docs or advice on the best way to get the most out of this?

Secondly I have noticed a clunking noise (not a mechanic, but I will fix your computer!!) which seems to be coming from the steering rack (although no feedback through the wheel) when I go over rough road or small potholes, I have read about drop links but have no idea what these are, any advice on what this may be would be appreciated. Will give more detail if required!!

Thirdly the 147 I have has the standard 16 inch wheels on it, I wanted to change them for something bigger was thinking of 18's but dont know which ones, anyone got any advice/pros/cons on wheel changing, same goes for engine remapping and exhausts...

Sorry for the long post, but I only picked up the car yesterday after my 7 year layoff in company car land, I have had a few Audi A6's, BMW 5's series and a Porsche Cayanne in the meantime, but my budget (credit crunch and all that) has only let me get a 52 plate 147, however my girlfriend made a comment this morning asking me my I kept 'nipping out', and she has never seen me so happy with a car!! I am definately 100% back on Alfas.

Thanks in advance

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , back , finally