Jerking and high revs with please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Jerking and high revs with please

Hello guys,

I have a Selespeed 2.0L 147, model 2004 with 100000 km on it. Had no problems ever since I got it, but recently the car starts jerking in traffic and at low speeds during sity traffic and traffic lights, if I continue driving and after the jerking, the car revs to about 3500RPM before taking off and then it kicks when changing gears. there is no jerking when cold, only when warm and during traffic roads

The car has been serviced at the Alfa main dealer since its birth with no major problems.

If you switch it off for about 2 hours, then it is back to normal. I took it the alfa dealer and they told me straight away that the acuator needs to be replaced.

There are no faults on the dash and in all other conditions it runs perfect, the oil level is ok and the selespeed pump is running perfectly. THe original clutch is still fitted, could it be the clutch, but it only takes a short time in traffic till it starts jerking!!!

Guys, I would like your help.............. what is the remedy for this problem as it is an expensive part to replace especially if the fault is from other parts. Also, is it possible to buy the actuator online form a trusted source?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

high , jerking , revs , traffichelp