Chrome Whiskers on all models of the GT? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hlavní město Praha
Chrome Whiskers on all models of the GT?

Hello everyone on this precious website. The title of the thread says it all. I have spent hours of searching on google to find a suitable answer, but it seems that I still don't get it. So the chrome whiskers are on all of the GTs MY2007 onwards, or just on some of them? I have found a few 2007 GTs for sale, that were not equipped with these whiskers so I suggest they started fitting them on the GT later that year although the aforementioned cars could have been retrofitted as well... On the official website of AR, you can actually see, that the car in the interactive picture in the GT section doesn't even have those whisker (even though it says Q2 on the back , all of which I believe have the whiskers...). It looks as if it has them, but by examining carefully, you can see, that it's caused by the lighting. I know, there has been a slight change in the interior of the GT in early 2007 and that the only change on the exterior were the whiskers, but I would like to know, if these are only on some of the models (f.e. Q2, Blackline, Quad. Verde...) or on absolutely every GT made today. Thank you for the answer.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
Good question - I was wondering the same as I think they make the car look better and fancied getting a set to retro fit to mine.

Perhaps Alfa Romeo could provide a parts number and you could order some through them?
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester
As far as I know, they are standard on all the Q2, Cloverleaf and Blackline models (along with chrome mirrors), but not on the standard Turismo or Lussos.
AO Member
I am about to collect a 57 plate GT 1.9 JTDm Lusso and they are standard fit on it. I think the model was updated in 2007, which included instrument panel, change of dashboard colour from silver to grey metallic, gear stick and also chrome whiskers.

The blackline models have satin effect whiskers and they are thicker than the chrome ones.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

chrome , models , whiskers