Injector looking warning light but car seems ok! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Injector looking warning light but car seems ok!

Hi all heres my situation, My 156 failed mot yesterday on the headlight bulb and exhaust blowing at the front.we changed the bulbs ok then the exhaust, So it was removed and me and my dad fixed the leak which was by the flexible pipe on the front part of exhaust. all replaced now the injector looking warning light by the 8000rpm is on.the car seems fine to drive and sounds ok but i cant figure out what the problem is all we unplugged was the 2 leads coming off the exhaust in the engine bay which i presume are sensors of some description these are back on nice and tight. i uplugged the batt to see if something needed reseting but no joy. Any ideas???

Ok it passed the MOT phew but the light is still on all seems ok engine running ok i think, maybe slightly less power but only a couple of percent, maybe its just me.
Any other ideas on this light? th exhaust needed a bit of persuation to get off as was bit rusty on joint but all back on and connected up??
Doesnt really matter i spose but annoying. Also my bulb waring light is on when lights are switched off but all bulbs ok???

Last edited by Rikaroony; 09-06-09 at 16:37. Reason: Things have changed
Sponsored Links
County: Merseyside

Member car:

various Alfas

The leads you unpluged are for the lamda sensors,now that they are back on the light will go off after three running cycles.Its ok to drive and it will be ok for the test.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Morning......and Welcome to the A.O. Forum, I think you will enjoy it here !!!!!!.........
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 05-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
many thanks will run it a few times and hopefully that will do the trick. wish me luck for the retest lol

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , injector , light , warning