Rear and front light staying on all the time - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Rear and front light staying on all the time

Im having a problem with my 147.

There was a rear brake light failure, but before i got to replace it it start saying there was left side light failure. So i went and got a new bulb.

Replaced the bulb...but now my drivers side front sidelamp stays on the whole time, as does my passsenger side rear brake light. even when the keys are out.

I went through all the fuses (actually can someone show me a fuse guide? I dont have a manual!) and the lights still stayed on. I checked the relays (the ones beside the battery) and all seem good. Could it be a problem with the earthing? Or is this a common problem?

Does it need to be hooked up a diagnostic computer to tell me what the problem is? Generally how much will the robbers at alfa charge me? Or does the AA have this same equipment

I heard it may be something with the computer? And it costs 500 euros to be repaired?? I hope not, how could the computer be affected and broke from changing a bulb? Or maybe a computer reset? How much is that? I really dont have the money for all this, so annoying

its really really annoying the hell out of me, i keep disconnecting the battery every time to stop it running down. All this after a simple bulb change!

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
County: Wexford
AO Member
County: Essex
wont be the rev counter on a 147, that is only applicable on the 156. The 147 has a seperate Body Computer which can go causing random lights to stay on. Had the same problem with my drivers side rear light staying on. Had to order new Body Computer from main dealers. Take a look at previous thread i have posted on in regards to this

Hope this helps

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

front , light , rear , staying , time