Opinions on improvements. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-05-09 Thread Starter
County: Edinburgh
Opinions on improvements.

Hi all Alfa peeps, this being my first post i thought i would ask for experienced owners opinions on a shortlist of parts i should consider getting/changing on my 147 2.0Ts selespeed (53 plate) loving it

Im not a 'rude-boy' neither am I a fan of "Fast and Furious tokyo drift-esque" colour/styling schemes, im more about the overall drive and sound of the car.

Starting from most important/influential change to least, please list 5 changes i should consider, spare a thought for realistic options based on price, say fixes for under 400 each. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Dorset
Re: Opinions on improvements.

i would just remap it. From 200 to 300 quid.
Then get a nice backbox for a better sound and look. anyware from 200 for a cybox to 300+ for supersprint. Do not skimp on this as the note will sound s h i t e.
Then your looking at suspension. FSD,s and bilsteins or eibach seem to be the weapon of choice. (but is expensive)
Then you have bigger wheels 17 or 18 inch. you can pick them up second hand for inside your budget.
And if you have money to throw away get an induction kit. (waste of money in my eyes as the standard set up is not exactly restrictive and you will be lucky to see 1bhp gain. For 100 spent)
Then your looking at upgrading the sound system. Sky is the limit on that one. what ever floats your boat.
Oh and welcome to AO and have fun.

Leader of the NORM collective.
The group against the deformation of our beautifull Alfa's.
Barry boys your days are numbered.
AO Member
County: Wellington
Re: Opinions on improvements.

Definitely start with the suspension - Eibach Pro-kit springs and Koni FSD dampers. Relatively expensive, but worth it. Then invest in a set of decent performance tyres.

Getting more power out of a TS is by all accounts not particulary easy. Get the handling right and you will have a lot of fun with the standard engine.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

improvements , opinions